I think I left off posting my meals while on vacation at the beach. Oops! I've set up a mini-challenge for myself. I'm about to leave for Disney World (again) and I'm determined to eat healthy while there. My goal is to post ALL of my meals online. We normally get a meal plan while there, so I'll be eating at a wide range of restaurants. Follow me on my journey! I'll try to update this blog each day with my meals, but I'll probably post more on my Instagram account: @tamaratonesitup
My body is changing. That's a good thing! But here's what you need to know. My weight has stayed right around the same range. I think this is important to note. I feel stronger, leaner, and I just feel better physically- no more sleepiness or icky feeling. But my weight has barely changed. My clothes are looser. I can fit in smaller sizes. But my weight has barely changed.
Hear this loud and clear: THAT NUMBER ON THE SCALE DOESN'T MEAN MUCH!
Sure, it's an indicator of some things, but it's not a measure of health.
Here's what I'm focusing on now:
1) My arms are looking great. I'm really happy with their progress.
2) My legs are toning up. This is probably the first time in my life that's ever happened!
3) I don't feel the need to take a nap every day. I still get sleepy some days, but I'm able to power through it.
4) I'm a morning person now! I wake up at 6 and get going with a workout!
5) I'm constantly asking myself how my digestion is doing....I think this is a better indicator of health than weight or even clothing size.
6) I'm focusing more on doing the best things for my body and less on what I'm doing that's "wrong."
I think #6 is the biggest one for me. I used to beat myself up because I'd have one bad meal. Or I'd miss 1-2 days working out and feel like a loser. Since I started eating cleaner, lifting some weights, and walking/eliptical at the Y, I don't worry about that stuff anymore.
I guess, in a way, I'm looking at myself through a different lens. Focusing on what I love vs. what I dislike. Reminding myself that I am made for a purpose...fearfully and wonderfully made.
I'm not sure if this is making any sense, but I want you to know that the moment I quit caring about the scale was probably the moment my life changed for the better. I still weigh myself, but it doesn't control me...or depress me...or excite me. It's just a number.
Now my new size 8 jeans.....those excite me!
Go girl! I'm really looking forward to reading your Disney World healthy eating update, too. That was a big challenge on our trip earlier this year, but they have really added a lot of good-for-you options in recent years. Enjoy the bean salad at Ragland Road in Downtown Disney and all the yummy grilled fish salads in the parks.
ReplyDelete