Monday, April 15, 2013

The Journey Begins...again...

Do you ever feel like you're constantly starting over?  I have come to a point in my life where I'm just tired of doing that.  I think living that way makes you feel like you don't have a life...which is not true.  I have been really convicted that life is in the here and now, not yesterday or tomorrow.   In order to meet my April goals, I've found a few resources that are helping me out so much right now.

1)  SheReadsTruth- This website offers daily devotional material for their current bible study.  If you have the YouVersion app on your iPhone, then you can access their devotional content right there and it will link you to the corresponding scripture!  I love it!  I'm catching up on the Ephesians bible study from waaaayyy back in October.  They always have something going on, and YouVersion always has access to it.  You can also participate in their online discussion forums for whatever day of the devo you are on.

2) Instagram-  I know this sounds weird, right!?  But I find so many good, clean, simple recipes on their.  I've started following several Instagrammers who are big on eating clean and working out.  This makes meal planning a lot easier, believe it or not!

3)  I mentioned ToneItUp in my last post.  I really like this website.  They have a new workout to do each day and they are so intense!  You can really feel the work.  They do offer a nutrition plan, but it seemed expensive to me.  One of the benefits of the website is that they have a community forum type thing.  I found that you can sign up and join there (for free) and get access to good recipes and sort of figure out how to eat from there.

As of right now, my plan is as follows:

1) Eat 5 small meals a day.  I'd normally say 5-6, but that 6th meal is really hard for me to get in. My meals consist of lots of protein, veggies, and usually one serving of a starch.
2) Workout daily- Right now, this looks like serious weight training at the gym.  Several years ago, I did a workout routine focused on weight training and I had really good results.  I'm not doing as much cardio as I normally do (which is weird), but building muscle burns more calories anyway!  Plus, I'm liking the way my arms are looking :)  On days I'm not doing weight training, I'm just walking.  That's easy and low-stress for me.  I really love walking and I do think it's the best cardio exercise as far as not wearing down your body or making you feel like you are going to die.  Plus, you can generally do it for longer than you could do another cardio exercise. I'm adding taking care of Penelope to my cardio routine because that girl has me going!
3) Sleep sleep sleep!! I am getting a good amount of sleep right now at night!  I had to reset my body clock because I was really used to taking naps during the day (leftover from the newborn baby days), but I can't really use that excuse anymore.  Plus, I was having insomnia at night, and that's not good for anyone.  Everything I've read says that sleep is one of the most important parts of your healthy living strategy.  So, if everything says that, it must be true, right???

There you have it!  I've decided to start tracking my meals on Instagram as an extra form of accountability.  So, if you need some easy meal ideas, stop on by!  My instagram account is linked on the main page of the blog :)  Keep in mind, I'm a lazy cook, so my meals will never be too involved.  If you want culinary gourmet...I'm not the gal for you.

How are your goals going?  Any progress?

No comments:

Post a Comment