Ok friends! It's a new chapter.
Mark and I have been eating really well these past few weeks, but I felt like I needed to continue making some changes. As an early birthday present (happy birthday to me!), we agreed that I could buy the Tone It Up nutrition plan! Yippee!! I've recommended their website on here a little bit. I've been doing their workouts, and eating healthier, but I felt like I needed a little push. Know what I mean?
Anyway, I downloaded The Plan this morning and let me tell you, I am excited! I'm also a little nervous. Is that normal? Anyway, one of the things my "trainers" encourage people to do is to keep a daily journal to hold themselves accountable. When I started this portion of my blog, I didn't really want to post here daily, but I don't want to go out and buy a new journal or start a whole new blog either. So, my hope is that I can keep track of my meals, workouts, and progress on this page.
I'll be kickstarting next week off with a 5 day plan to jump start my nutrition! I'm a little scared...
Anyway, one thing Tone It Up is big on is visualization and goal setting. We know how I love a good goal. But they really encourage you to get specific with your short-term and long-term goals. So, here goes.
Next Week Goals (starting tomorrow):
- Complete the 5DSD
- Meal plan for the upcoming week
- Meal prep on Sunday for the following week
- Plan all workouts and complete them as planned (account for different activities during the day)
Monthly Goals for July:
- Eat more veggies
-Stick to meal plan and food budget (one area I'm hoping this will help is my grocery budget!)
-Keep up with journaling progress and check-ins
3 Month Goals (to be reevaluated in October):
- Run 3 miles on a regular basis
- Keep track of weight lifting, for progress reasons
- cut down on eating out (limit to once a week. This will require me to stick to our meal plan and budget)
6 Month Goals (to be reevaluated in January):
- loss of 15 pounds
- running regularly
-stretching regularly
-meal planning and meal prepping are part of my weekly/daily routine
Ok. Those are all the goals I have for now. Are you trying anything new? What are your goals? They may not be associated with getting healthy, but we all have something we want to do.
I think it's also important to know your limits. For me, I can't plan more than one week ahead. My long-term goals are more general...things I want to accomplish in the big picture. So, each week, I'll have to think in terms of those goals and what I can do that week to meet them.
I'll close until tomorrow. Wish me luck as I go grocery shopping and do my first official food prep!
***I am not an expert. All health/medical questions should be directed to your health-care professional. This is simply a record of my experience and what is working for me.****
No comments:
Post a Comment